Thursday, February 18, 2021

Catching Up

To my friends in the Writing Community...

Finally, the weather seems to be gradually changing for the better, at least where I live.

I haven't done much writing the last few days, but I have been reading... a lot. I stayed under the covers as much as I could -- just so I wouldn't freeze to death -- and read as many books as time allowed, the way I usually do, simultaneously. These were books by Kristin Hannah, Madeleine L'Engle, Fredrik Backman, Philippa Perry, and Nina Romano.

My dogs were in bed with me. They suffered much more than I did. They'd never experienced such weather -- even I had never been this cold in my life. After ten years of being good dogs and not peeing in the house, they are still confused that I now beg them to go on the pads I laid out for them inside, and they only go when they can't hold it in anymore. Each time, the two boys seem apologetic, but not the girl, who insists on standing out as the bitch she is.

We survived this one, and things will go back to normal, whatever "normal" means, soon.

So... I have book reviews to write. Until then, let me say these authors are all worth checking out if you haven't done so already.

All the best,

N



1 comment:

  1. You're my hero! Thanks for the update and the recommendations, Gorgeous Girl! Sending warmth and love your way...

    ReplyDelete