Monday, June 7, 2021

The Noosha Winfrey Show

I wonder if there's an "Oprah Ravaghi" show somewhere out there...

Marco Ocram is one of my favorite writers.

I read his first published book, The Awful Truth about the Sushing Prize, in 2019 and immediately loved his style of writing and his sense of humor. I wrote a review for the book (https://nooshasblog.blogspot.com/2020/02/the-awful-truth-about-thesushing-prize.html) and reached out to the author, whose real name is Denis Shaughnessy, on Twitter, to congratulate him for being brilliant. 

Having instantly become an ocramist, I naturally bought and read his second book, The Awful Truth about the Name of the Rose, another masterpiece. Shortly after reading this book, I listened to Denis Shaughnessy being interviewed. He was as funny in his interview as he is in his books. I contacted the author again and told him how much I enjoyed reading his books.

Denis Shaughnessy / Marco Ocram shared he was working on his third book, and, months later, I had the privilege to read an advance copy of The Awful Truth about the Herbert Quarry Affair, which is officially being published next week, specifically on June 15. In it, the author refers to a "Noosha Winfrey" show... and I am simply honored. 

In a recent interview with Sarah Meckler at GSMC - Book Review Podcast, he explains this reference:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/gsmc-book-review-podcast-episode-290-interview-denis/id1123769087?i=1000524215930




No comments:

Post a Comment