Friday, July 26, 2019

... the rest of my tweet...


Writing certain parts of my WIP, Reflections, is emotionally exhausting, so I try to make the process as enjoyable as possible...

When I sit to work, my view is a little stream about twenty feet away from my window. I have the pleasure of getting the occasional visit from the playful squirrel, which my three dogs never fail to greet, and the cardinals, whose daily visit is motivated by the sunflower seeds I strategically place right in front of my window. The hummingbirds are always around enjoying the nectar I leave them hanging from a branch, also visible from my window.

I enjoy the scent of my favorite candle, nibble on fresh cherry tomatoes and crispy green beans picked from my tiny garden, and listen to memorable songs from the 80s as well as my favorite singers and bands: Chris de Burgh, Ebi, Patricia Kaas, Dalida, Dariush, Mylene Farmer, Julio Iglesias, Queen, U2, etc.

Despite all these pleasant additions and distractions, I need to take frequent breaks from work to just clear my mind and breathe.

A week ago, to keep my sanity, I decided to spend some time on a side project, just to take a longer break from Reflections, my main WIP. I'm still in the research phase for this side WIP, which involves a lot of reading. I've been able to make some progress, but since it's not my main work, and I intend to finish the first draft of Reflections by the end of the year, I've given myself a deadline, August 5th, to finish both the research for this side book and the re-reading of a previous proofreading job that went through some changes. Then I'll have a couple of book reviews to write before I can get back to working on Reflections.

Wish me luck.

Noosha

No comments:

Post a Comment