Friday, April 3, 2020

Noosha the Dragon


Here's an update for those who have been following my unknown disease.

It's day fifteen since my cough and shortness of breath started, and I still don't have a fever. My chest still hurts. I still cough a lot and wheeze. I still experience shortness of breath. I had felt nausea from day one, but I hadn't actually thrown up until yesterday. In the last five days/nights, I haven't had the chills I was experiencing the first ten nights. Other than the absence of chills, everything is worse than it was.

Since last Saturday, in addition to starting my days with a smoothie as usual, I've been following the fifteen at-home remedies for bronchitis I found online to support my lungs: chewing raw garlic and ginger, eating one lemon a day with its skin, drinking hot water with honey, lemon, garlic, ginger, and pepper in it, applying menthol rub on my throat and chest (and back – thank you, Medea, for this tip), inhaling eucalyptus oil mixed with hot water, drinking lots of water, and having soup at least once a day.

A couple days into this treatment, I felt a little better, and I thought I was beating whatever this is. I was doing relatively well all day Tuesday and even part of Wednesday, but it got bad again on Wednesday. My shortness of breath returned and I started gasping for air again. Starting yesterday, things have changed a little, unfortunately, not for the better.

Yesterday, Thursday, was the first day I threw up. Also, starting last night, the back of my throat has been feeling uncomfortably hot. My whole chest feels hot from inside. I've been coughing and wheezing non-stop today. I still don't have a fever yet even though I feel I'm burning. I can still smell and taste. I do not have blue lips. My throat is sore, but it's not the kind of sore throat I would get if I had a cold; it's sore from coughing, or, at least, that's what I think. My chest hurts and burns a lot. Breathing is hard both through the mouth and the nose. I feel exhausted even though I take naps all the time.

When I started feeling better on Tuesday, I thought I would wait a few days to make sure everything was going well and write a more positive blog post. That didn't happen, though, and it was time for an update, so I wrote this. I'll keep documenting this as much as I can.

Take care and stay safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment